Is Chronic Back Pain Controlling
Chronic Back Pain Facts That May Surprise You
Chronic back pain is:
- A serious epidemic that up to 85% of the U.S. population will face at some time in their life.
- The leading worker's comp injury. An estimated 93 million workdays are lost each year.
- The leading reason for disability of people under the age of 45.
- The second leading surgical procedure. There are close to 500,000 spine surgeries in the U.S. alone annually.
- A condition that keeps 6.5 million people in bed every day.
- Responsible for the disability for 5.4 million Americans annually.
- A condition that accounts for 5-10%
of all low back pain.
- A condition that is estimated to be between
$45 to $54 billion to treat annually.
Chronic Back Pain Causes Include:
- Inflammatory Arthritis
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Disc Herniation
and Bulging Disc
- Facet Syndrome/Synovitis/Capsulitis
- Osteoarthritis/Degenerative Joint Disease
- Sprains and Strains
- Compression Fracture
- Ligament Hypertrophy
Chronic Back Pain Testing Procedures
Prior to beginning any chronic back pain treatment you should undergo medical evaluation and diagnostic testing procedures. This step will help determine the most effective treatment process for your specific condition.
The cause of chronic back pain is commonly evaluated through one of the following testing procedures:
X-rays: a procedure used to evaluate bones, joints and degenerative lesions in the spine.
Cat Scan (CT): a procedure used when there are suspected problems in the bones or when a patient can't obtain an MRI.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): the most common procedure used to evaluate the vertebral bones, discs, joints, nerves and soft tissues in the lumbar spine.
Myelogram: a procedure that injects dye into the spinal column to help flex the area before being x-rayed.
Discography: a procedure used to determine the level of the painful disc.
EMG: a procedure also know as a nerve condition study used to test the nerves in the arms and legs.
Bone Density Test: a procedure that is fast, painless and noninvasive.
Bone Scan: a procedure that requires the patient to receive a small radioactive tracer injection that is "tagged" to a calcium like material. The tracer is typically injected into a vein in the arm. The procedure takes about 4 hours and has no side effects.
Chronic back pain is a condition that results when you don't take your back pain seriously by seeking immediate treatment or the most effective treatment. If you're suffering from chronic back pain or know of someone who is the specialists at our Non-Surgical Spine Care Center can help.
We treat chronic back pain in thousands of patients every year without the use of:
- Injections or
Chronic Back Pain Treatment
If you are experiencing chronic back pain there are two things you can do right now to start the process of getting lasting relief through the combination of spinal decompression and our Total Spine Care Solution™:
Schedule a no obligation Total Spine Care Consultation to determine if our Total Spine Care Solution™ is best for you. 714-546-3472
Enter your name and email into the form on this website to receive your FREE PATIENT'S GUIDE on How To Get Lasting Relief From Chronic Back Pain Without The Use Of Drugs, Injections or Surgery.
Call Now To Schedule Your
No Obligation Total Spine Care Consultation
Here is everything you get for making one simple phone call.
- One-on-one Consultation with a Specialist. No waiting in a lobby for hours. You'll be seen by an actual doctor that will spend actual time with you. Current findings as well as past studies such as MRI's will be reviewed with you in detail.
- Digital X-rays (in position of function). This allows us to get a real picture of what's affecting your spine. They're digital which means we can put them on a disc for you to keep.
- Full Tour of our Facility. To experience who we are and what we do. Peace-of-mind and comfort doesn't just come from a treatment program,
but also from the people you will be interacting with. Come meet our staff, see our spine care center and learn first-hand why we get raving
- Total Spine Care Solution™ Blueprint. You get every last detail of what your condition is and how we will relieve you of your pain through your personalized Total Spine Care Solution™.